What is Paypal and what is used for?
PayPal Holdings, Inc. is an American company operating a worldwide online payment system that supports online money transfers and serves as an electronic alternative to traditional paper methods like checks and money orders. Wikipedia
PayPal is the fastest, easiest, and safest way to send money, make an online payment, receive money, or set up a merchant account worldwide. It has really helped a lot of businessmen and women with online activities such as purchases and payments.
However, there’s no charge to open a PayPal account, or to transfer money from your bank account or credit card to your PayPal account. There is no charge either to purchase items using your PayPal account. There are fees in other cases, such as Receiving payments for goods and services. I don’t really know why some people charge for creating it for their fellow Ghanaians.
Ghana is currently blacklisted by Paypal making it difficult for us to make or receive payments on the platform. This article is going to help with you the complete guide to create one in Ghana for free. Someone may ask if it’s legal? Yes, it is. The main message in obtaining one in unsupported counties like Ghana is just to select a different country to open it as a business. This is the fastest, reliable and legal means. Now let me quickly take you through the steps in creating the account.
Requirements Needed For Creating the Account?
- An active email address. You need this because after you have signup Paypal will send you an email that allows you to verify your request for the account.
NB. You can’t use one email account for two different pay pal accounts.
- Up to date mobile phone number. I usually add this because of security reasons. As a businessman or woman, you need to make your protection tight by setting up two-factor authentication on all your accounts.
- Your full name that’s on your identification cards.
4. Address both for personal and business and can be same as well
- Lastly, You must be 18 and above. According to PayPal’s rules, a person must be at least 18 to open an account.
NB. Don’t try to fake up any of these documents mentioned above.
Complete Steps to Create the Account
- First, we need to visit Paypal Lesotho Homepage ( Paypal.com/ls ) since Ghana is blacklisted preferably using Google Chrome either on your mobile device or computer.
- On this homepage, quickly click on the left menu and sign up. It directs you to the business account/personal account straight. Then we select a business account. This gives you access to more features. After selecting a business account then it directs you to enter your email address and password as explained in the picture below.
You will be directed to a page “Tell us about your business.” Make sure you fill every with your right details.
Necessary Information Needed for Paypal Account
- Business Name: That’s you will need your first and last legal name on your identification cards ( Passport, Drivers license, National ID).
- Business Details: If you have a registered business you can use it if not you can create some from your name.
- Phone Number: Don’t forget to change the Lesotho🇱🇸 flag to Ghana 🇬🇭 before you type your valid phone number. This is very important to take note.
- Business Adress: You can use your residential address if you don’t have that of business
- Postal Code: Ghana has no postal code. It is used in some African countries like Nigeria, South Africa, Kenya, etc but not in Ghana. This shouldn’t stop you from using a postal code, Most people have turned to use 00233
- Primary Currency: You can choose any currency of your choice but it’s always advisable to take the one you will be dealing with.
- Kindly click on the continue at this stage when done.
PayPal will direct you to a new page to describe your business.
You can select any business of your choice here. And click continue for the final stage. “Tell us about yourself”.
Kindly provide the right information on your documents at this stage as well. The home address can be the same as a business address if you don’t have any business. Ones done then you click on submit. Check your email to confirm your account.
Finally, you also have a Paypal account without paying a penny. Just follow the steps carefully. Now let’s look at how to link your credit or debit card.
Linking your Credit or Debit Card
- Log in to your PayPal account with your valid email and password
- Select the payment link n on top of the page.
- Select on the link a credit or debit card and then click on it.
- Enter your card number, type, expiration date CVV and your billing address
- Lastly, You click on the link the card.
If you love the content of this article, Kindly share it with your friends and family. Do share your questions and comments as well. Let me know what you want to learn in the comments section below. Thank you